Michelndorf - Israelitische Kultusgemeinde Tulln

Summary: The Kolb family, several generations of which resided in Michelndorf, established a private synagogue for the use of the small number of Jewish families living in the village. The prayer hall existed until 1938.

Only a few Jews settled in Michelndorf after World War II. Max Kolb, whose whole family was annihilated by the Nazis, returned to the village. He died there in 1988 as the last Jewish resident of Michelndorf.
Sources: - Genée, Pierre, Synagogen in Österreich, Wien 1992
- Genée, Pierre, Die Landsynagogen im Burgenland und Niederösterreich in IDVIC-Vorträge, Nr. 44, Wien, November 1991