Krumbach - Israelitische Kultusgemeinde Neunkirchen

Summary: The Blum family established a private synagogue in their home (No.14). In 1870, Moshe Blum and his father Juda built an annex onto their house and established a synagogue inside it. A heated mikvah (ritual bath) – a rarity for a private synagogue – was included. Jews from neighboring villages frequented this fully equipped synagogue on Holy Days. A Machzor (prayerbook for the high holidays) from the year 1752 belonged to the private synagogue. The synagogue was not destroyed on Pogrom Night. After World War II, the property was sold. Today, the building houses the municipal offices of Krumbach.
Sources: - Genée, Pierre, Synagogen in Österreich, Wien 1992
- Genée, Pierre, Die Landsynagogen im Burgenland und Niederösterreich in IDVIC-Vorträge, Nr. 44, Wien, November 1991